Monday, March 16, 2015

Raindrops Falling On My Head

Good Monday morning!  The snow is almost gone. Now the rain is here...and the utility room roof has sprung several leaks.  Guess who gets the job of fixing them?  Not the cats.  They're too smart.  So that leaves Moi, who knows squat about metal roofs, to do the repairs. Wish I could work and record a video at the same time.  No doubt, it would be 'comedy central.'   But, no way, do I want to go through another night of watching the rain pouring through the cracks in the roof and destroying everything stored underneath them in cardboard boxes.  Not to mention, having a repeat of my daughter, Donna, and I running around like idiots in our p.j.s  in the middle of the night looking for buckets and plastic tubs.  The cats had a fun time watching. You know how cats love getting wet!


So, this morning, while the temps head for 60 degrees, I donned my old jeans, sweatshirt and got online to find out what to do. Lordy, so much technical info to sort through on You Tube and so little the brain could decipher.  Plus little Max jumping up on the desk and sitting in front of the monitor didn't help.  So, off to the local Home Depot I went, to talked to the expert salesmen in their roofing department.  Humm.  More helpful opinions. What repair materials to purchase?  Of course, take the advice of the salesman who had three cats!  He even had their photos in his wallet. 


I'm home again now.  It's so nice outside.  I'd just rather go visit my girlfriends and mess around.  They have cats too.  But, I shall force myself to climb the ladder, becoz the weather man is predicting rain tomorrow.  You have no idea what it takes for a single woman to live in the country.  There ought to be a soap opera about it.  Remind me to tell you about the evening, last summer, when a big, fat raccoon got in the front deck cat door, climbed the wall above the living room couch and got its head stuck under the curtain rod.  Truth?  Yes! However, now, I shall sign off and see what I get into today. Wish me luck!   I'm sure you can hardly wait to find out what's happened.  Like the Glass Kat tells me every morning, "Love you. Have a nice day."



No comments:

Post a Comment