Tuesday, March 31, 2015

9 Lives, Cats and People

Hello everyone,  This is going to be a very unusual blog.  And, one I wish was totally unnecessary.  But, I've been thinking about it for several days and, pretty much, wondering about life.  A few evenings ago, I was outside with the cats.  The cold weather had broken, so we were enjoying the end of a really beautiful day.  Little Max was climbing a tree.  Old Boy Kitty was rolling in the grass, and our one eyed feral cat, Gray, was sitting under the corner bush looking for a way to get past us to the dry food bowl on the front deck.  Suddenly, I started having some feelings I didn't like one bit.  Like a heaviness or warning sensation that something, somewhere was very wrong.  It got so strong, I looked up at the sky and said aloud, "Okay, God. What's going on?  Whatever it is, help me out here. Send your angels to keep us safe."  Us...meaning my family....where ever they all were.  Then, the cats all scattered, because our other feral cat, Zeus, who isn't neutered, came loping across the yard.  You know how that goes.  So, I went inside, got his supper, and the feeling dissipated in the momentary distraction.




The next morning, I was making breakfast, when the phone rang.  It was my daughter-in-law, Pam. What she said was like a script from a TV show.  "I only have a few minutes to tell you what happened.  Last night, Rob was dead-heading home from Indiana on the interstate, and the cops were chasing some guy in a car going the other way. The guy's family had turned him in to the cops, because he was acting weird and threatening to commit suicide.  The guy crossed the median and smashed right into Rob.  The cops got it all on video and told Rob there was nothing he could do. I drove out there to get him.  He's in bed now, all black and blue, one broken rib, really sore, and he's calling me.  So, I have to hang up and see what he wants."  I asked Pam to keep me posted and said, "Let me know if you need anything,"  Then I just sat there, stunned, remembering my 'bad' feeling.


Today, I found out the guy who wanted to commit suicide succeeded.  He only lived for 7 hours after he was taken to the hospital.  Rob's faithful, beautiful old 1984 Kenworth is completely totaled, but the guy didn't take my son with him. Was that bad feeling I had a warning from God?  Did my prayer protect and save my son, when I didn't even know he needed it?  To be honest, at first, I was really angry that God let these things happen.  But, then, I realized how stupid that was.  Watching the paramedics cut that guy out of the wreckage has really had an effect on Rob.  Right now, he says it's time to quit trucking.  He may change his mind. Either way, he's alive to do whatever he finally decides.  In closing, I want to give a heartfelt thanks to my daughter-in-law, Pam.  She's the best. Time to schedule an a.m. post, check on the kitties, read a little while in bed...and say my prayers. I will be paying more attention to everyday prayer again....without being prompted by 'bad' feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment