Thursday, March 12, 2015

My LIttle Glass Cat

Wow...my very first blog.  So, here's how I found my 'little glass cat.'   Between the two of us, my daughter and I, have 4 indoor cats and two outdoor feral cats that just showed up on their own.  I've always been a dog person, so this is a new and sometimes 'very crazy' experience. It has taken quite a bit of patience to get used to being a 'cat herder.'  Call a dog, and they come running.  Call a cat, and you might as well forget it.  But, I've come to love them just the same.


Anyway, one bitter cold 2014 winter day, my cabin fever was in full swing.  So, I got in the SUV, put it in H4 gear and plowed my way to the Walmart for a few groceries.  Actually, I didn't need the groceries as much as the time OUT!  Gee, there really were other hardy souls AND one insane guy in gym shorts braving the frigid temps.  On the way home, I was mentally tallying up what it cost to feed our crew of furry felines, when I decided to stop in the Goodwill store too.  It's always been interesting to me to see the things from other people's lives on the shelves.  Then, I saw it....the Glass Cat.  It was sitting on a glass kitty mat with one paw on top of a glass ball.  It's ears were at full perk, and it's tail was curled up by its side saying, "Hello. I'm yours. Aren't I pretty?" Suddenly, as I held the little, 99 cent glass statue in my hand, the cat food bill wasn't so important anymore.


I still dream of having a dog again someday.  But, for now, the little glass cat sits on my desk as a reminder of all the headaches, soothing purrs and silly antics of the six unique, furry blessings in our lives right now. Yep, they are high maintenance, and wed hope nobody 'drops off' another one at the bottom of our lane.  But, I wouldn't trade, not one of them, for anything in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment